- Total Distance (approx): WALKING ROUTE (13 miles, 22km) with two generous stops to rest en route.
- Terrain: Paved: Minor roads (L-roads), sometimes on pavement on more major routes.
- Start: Moynalvey ( Start Fagin’s Pub, Moynalvey following a lift from Tara Accommodation)
- Accommodation: Donadea Forest Park
Joan McGearty’s B&B, Donadea Forest Park
At Fagan’s Pub entrance walk left past the Church (righthand side) to a crossroads. Cross & continue straight to the L6215. Continue straight on this road following the signs for KILCOCK. At the KILCOCK 5km sign turn right.
We’ll stop at Brigid’s well on our right hand side at Bridestream near Brigidswell Stud approx 3 km from KILCOCK.
Entering KILCOCK we can buy our lunch & walk past Gregory’s Tavern to School St & the canal where we can sit & eat before leaving Kilcock.
Walk over the bridge & turn immediately left (under the canal bridge ) into Connaught street. Walk along this road past houses , the railway line and the canal is on your left hand side. Keep walking for 1.5miles past the right hand turn at the 80km sign . Turn right at the sign for Clonfert Pet farm on the left. Continue on this road for 4.5miles ignore all turns until you come to a main road signed for Maynooth 6km. Here you turn right towards Donadea Forest Park and continue walking this road until you come to the Kilcock – Clane road which is a very busy road so caution is needed. Cross this road on to the L1010 which is signed for Donadea Forest Park. Continue along this road until you arrive at Stop sign beside sign for Knockally Golf Club Y junction where you veer right.. Continue along this road until you arrive at entrance to Donadea Forest Park 2nd castellated gate. If early relax in Donadea Forest Park inside the gate until dinner.
Getting to the Statring Point
This is only possible by car.
Local Taxi Numbers
- Kildare Cabs (Kildare) +353 45 530814 / 530815
- Tully Cabs (Kildare) + 353 86 801 1676