It is 7 years since Brigid’s Way Celtic Pilgrimage was inaugurated in a moment of divine Brigid inspiration as a non-profit venture organised by a committee of volunteers, together with many additional helpers.
What an amazing journey it has been with many people from Ireland and all over the world joining us to walk some or all of the 9 day walking Pilgrimage beginning at Brigid’s birthplace in Faughart, Co. Louth and finishing in her Monastic city Kildare. Now this initial phase of the wonderful sacred route has been completed and a solid foundation established. This year we are dedicating our energies to creating a new structure in which the Brigid’s Way can evolve and thrive into the future. This is the fallow year when, as in farming, a field is left without a crop so that it can regenerate and grow back even stronger in the years ahead. We invite you to continue to hold a vision of a strong, vibrant Brigid’s Way Pilgrimage continuing to play a significant role in the return of the Divine Feminine consciousness in Ireland and in the world. In the meantime you may walk some or all this ancient Pilgrim Path on your own or with friends and family as we provide all the routes on this website.
Beannachtaí agus Grá,
Dolores, Karen and the Brigid’s Way Team
Brigid’s Way relies on donations and sometimes grants for its funding. If you would like to make a donation to support the work of Brigid’s Way, you can do so by clicking on the button below.
The Vision for Brigid’s Way outlines the seed purpose from which the pilgrimage is emerging married with the overarching goals towards which the team is working. The Values are the principles of Brigid’s Way and outline how all connected to it aim to care for and serve Brigid’s Way, the pilgrims and each other. The Vision & Values of Brigid’s Way Celtic Pilgrimage which evolve as we and you – the community – grow each year.
- Balance the sacred feminine on the island of Ireland
- Merge the ancient art of pilgrimage with modern practice
- For male/female pilgrims to discover their feminine giving, caring and receiving side while empowering their innate masculine/feminine essence
- Experience smooth, flowing joy for all involved
- Reawaken this ancient path between sky and earth through pilgrimage
- Engender the sacred energies of the land
- Connect with and honour Brigid
- Feel this as another entry point of Spirituality into Ireland
- Appreciate this is Spirituality at work
- Know pilgrimage as a living, breathing practice
- Merge Celtic/Catholic Spirituality in a tangible way
- Commit to Brigid through the passing of time, year on year
- Be blessed by Brigid – Goddess and Saint
- Receive Brigid’s hospitality again and again and again
- Acknowledge the compassion of the other pilgrims on Brigid’s Way with respect